The way the world is dependent on digitalization today, and knowing that the internet is in the center of it, this network needs to be stable and have a strong performance. Devices like Wi-Fi routers help enhance the bandwidth and speed of the internet connection so that there is no delay between the input and output of information.
Since routers have become a very important need in today’s lifestyle, many companies have started manufacturing them. This makes it difficult for the customers to choose the right product. But by purchasing the Netgear routers, you can save time on researching because Netgear routers have the latest technologies and provide high speed.
This best selling router has some of the best features:
– Coverage-With the help of 4 antennas, it covers quite the range. It covers around 2500 sq. ft. which is enough for even large homes. Also, if desired, it can be used in offices too.
– Installation-The installation process is simple. The manual provided with the routers contains detailed information guiding you through the installation process.
– Performance-This wireless router has a total speed of 7200 Mbps. This speed allows you to stream 4K content without any delays. Along with this, it has many more settings that can be helpful to various customers.
– Support-Netgear allows connections of 45 devices. The performance of this router is suitable for gaming, sharing large files, and streaming HD videos and contents.
Netgear routers have been given very positive reviews after using many other routers from different manufacturers. This speaks for itself that it does not disappoint customers when performance is concerned.
Default router IP address
Internet protocol address is the address of your network. Without this address, you cannot send, find or exchange any data packet. The router is what determines the IP address for your internet network. Two IP addresses are generally assigned to routers. The first one is the public IP address, and the other one is private. The former address enables you to connect and interact with wider and public internet networks. The latter one connects to the local area networks and uses it to communicate information.
Different parties manage both IP addresses. The network administrator does the private one, and the public IP address is assigned by the ISP (Internet Service Provider). The default IP address of the Netgear router is 192.168.1.1.
You can also find your external or public IP address by following the below steps:
- Open a web browser window that is connected to the router.
- Next, in the address bar, type the default Netgear IP address, 192.168.1.1.
- After that, enter the password and username and click on login.
- Once the page loads, find the ‘router status’ option under ‘maintenance’ and click it.
- You will find the Internet Port section and look for the Netgear IP address (public) against ‘IP Address.’
Default Username and Password
The password and username protect the network from unrestricted use. Safeguarding the network is important so that your searches are private and safe. The Netgear routers, when newly installed, have a default username and password. The default username is ‘admin,’ and the password is ‘password’ (both are lowercase and without the quotation marks).
Steps to change the password are:
- Use the device or computer that is connected to the Netgear router network.
- Search Netgear’s home page and open its login dialog box.
- Once the login box appears, type the default username and password, and press enter.
- After this, the homepage will be displayed.
- On the homepage, select ‘advanced, then ‘Administration’ and finally ’set password.’
- After this, enter the old and new passwords in the spaces given. You will need to type the new password two times.
- For future password recovery, select ‘Enable Password Recovery.’
- Lastly, click ‘Apply.’ The changes will be saved to the settings.