No matter what work or activity you do today, most tasks are dependent on the internet network. Without a stable internet network, you will not be able to send large files, browse, play games, and video call people. Problems in the internet connection can cause issues for you when trying to do important or urgent work. To have high-speed internet, you will need a good internet package and a compatible router/modem.
Spectrum provides the best internet packages, and they even provide cable and phone services. This ISP has no hidden charges and will provide with a speedy internet connection at a very affordable rate. Spectrum also provides a free modem that will be completely compatible with the internet connection. To ensure the safety of the user and their data, the network comes with built-in antivirus software.
Some benefits of joining the Spectrum internet family are:
- No binding contract-Spectrum does not force the customers into signing lengthy contracts. You can stay as long as you want. When/if you want to cancel the subscription, there will be no hidden charges for canceling.
- Various services and plans-There are three speed options available with Spectrum internet services. You can choose the plan you want.
The spectrum modems/routers are dual-band and have industry-level WPA2 personal security. There are 3-4 antennas that allow your devices to catch the Wi-Fi frequency and enjoy unlimited internet services. There are 4 LAN ports in their modems. Also, these modems can be used standalone without subscribing to Spectrum’s internet services.
Default IP address
IP addresses are like unique identifiers. They help locate your device on the world wide web to send the right information. The full form of an IP address is internet protocol address. The IP address is a set of four numbers, and three dots separate every number set.
There are two IP addresses assigned to a router, private and public ones. The private IP address is only for the private home network, whereas the public IP address is the location that is used by local networks to send data and information. Then, the public IP address relays the data to the connected devices using the private IP address.
The default IP addresses for Spectrum routers are either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. But if you want to confirm the local/private IP address, you can use the following steps:
- Use the computer that is connected to the Spectrum router. Press the ‘start’ button.
- Next, in the search bar, type ‘run’ and select the Run program.
- A small dialogue box will appear. In the blank field, type ‘cmd’ and hit enter.
- The ‘Command Prompt’ will get displayed. Next, type ’ipconfig’ and press enter.
- Lastly, the displayed program will have the IP address mentioned in front of ‘iPv4’ or ‘Default Gateway.’
Default Username and Password
The router username and password make the network secure. The default username and password for Spectrum routers is ‘admin.’ But sometimes, it can be different, so just to be sure, you can check the back label of the router or the manual to know the default password and username.
Other than the router password, a strong Wi-Fi password can also protect your network. Simple steps to change the Wi-Fi password and username are:
- Open a web browser window and type ‘spectrum.net’ in the search bar, and press enter.
- Use the default username and password if not changed, and log in to your Spectrum account.
- After successful login, you will find a tab called ‘Services.’ Click it to get further options.
- Next, under ‘Services and Equipment’, select the ‘Internet’ option.
- Then, under ‘Your Wi-Fi Networks,’ scroll down to find the ‘Manage Networks’ option and click it.
- Type in the new Wi-Fi name and password.
- Lastly, hit the ‘Save’ button.