Stable and high-speed internet connection has become the need of the hour. Every job and activity requires the internet, and this dependence on the network has increased the demand for devices that help with better internet connectivity. Routers being the most in-demand, many IT companies started manufacturing these devices. With so many different brands and models in the market, day after day, the customer finds it difficult to choose one that will be best for their requirement. Linksys has many models that suit every need and requirement. So, save your valuable time and choose the Linksys routers.
Linksys routers have some of the advanced technologies and specifications that promise the best performance. Some of the specifications are as follows:
- Dual-band-Most of the router models under Linksys is dual-band. They provide a very high-speed and stable network that allows you to stream 4K videos.
- Range-The range of the wireless network also covers quite an area. These routers are great for households and offices. There are 3-4 antennas on the routers that help the network to reach even the farthest corner.
- Installation and setup-The installation is easy. You will have to use the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi application. The app is free and helps you with step-by-step setup.
- Settings-There are many other features available in the router settings. You can use them based on your requirement. These routers also have an MU-MINO feature, which allows multiple devices to connect simultaneously without hampering the speed of the Wi-Fi network.
Linksys has constantly been getting positive reviews from its customers, which proves that it fulfills the performance expectations. The technologies used are next-generation, and robust yet sleek router designs are also a plus point.
Default IP address
The IP address stands for internet protocol address. It is something that every device has, and without it, the devices cannot access the internet network. This unique identifier has a particular format. An IP address is made of four sets of numbers which are split by three dots. The numbers range from 0 to 255.
Every router comes with a default IP address which can be changed if you want to do so. The default IP address for Linksys routers is 192.168.1.1.
Most of the time, people do not change the IP address, but the need to change can arise in some situations. It can be needed in case any IP address conflicts between your router and another router. IP address conflicts occur when more devices connected to a network have the same IP address, and these conflicts usually lead to trouble with connecting to the internet network.
Easy steps to change the IP address in Linksys routers:
- Begin with logging in to the ‘Linksys Cloud Account.’
- After login, look for ‘Connectivity’ under ‘Router Settings.’
- Once the page loads, click on the tab called ‘Local Network.’
- Under this, you will find the option ‘Router Details,’ and beside it, an ‘Edit’ option will be given. Click on it.
- This will edit the IP address. Now replace the default one with the one you want.
- After this, in the ‘DHCP Server,’ replace the ‘Start IP Address’ with the same one you put earlier.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button once done.
- When a pop screen appears, click ‘OK.’
- Lastly, restart the router with a 30-second delay between off and on.
Default Username and Password
The username and password secure your connection. You will not want anyone to access the network and change any settings on the router. The default username is ‘blank’ (leave the field empty), and the password is ‘admin’ (lowercase without the quotation marks).
It is advisable to change the username and password to increase the security level of the network. You can change it with the following steps:
- Open a web browser and type the default IP address.
- Then log in using the default username and password.
- After that, click ‘Administration tab’ > ‘Management subpage.’
- The next page shows the current default’s password and username. Change them to what you want.
- Lastly, click ‘Save Settings”.